Youth Council Get Birdseye View of the New Town
On 06 June 2016 the Youth Council visited the Marketing Suite for the redevelopment of the Bracknell Town Centre at Ocean House.
High up on the 13th Floor we got to see the whole layout of the town and watch a presentation giving details of the:
- New shops and restaurants
- New houses with green spaces
- 4000 new jobs that will be available including after-school jobs
- The demolishing of the current Bentalls store which may be replaced with a leisure facility; however the plans are not finalised for this.
- The Bull public house, located near McDonald’s, will be getting an extension that will include a conservatory at the back of the building.
The Members got to use the interactive display table that makes the development appear like a virtual world.
This was very interesting and we hope to revisit nearer the completion to get an update on information and see first hand the progress.